[3dem] CTF-correction with phase plate

Philip Köck Philip.Koeck at ki.se
Mon May 27 06:36:17 PDT 2019

Hi.
Thanks for the paper.
If I read it correctly they simply model the phase plate as a constant phase shift (for all spatial frequencies above the cut-on).
There's also a paper by Danev where it's modeled as "1 minus a Gaussian with a standard deviation given by the radius of the spot" (charge spot, I assume).
I'm not sure about either of them, since a simple charge spot doesn't lead to a projected potential that looks like that. A very specific distribution of positive and negative charges would be required.

Are there any results on what the projected potential really looks like?
And what models are actually used for CTF-fitting images taken with phase plate?

All the best,

Philip