[3dem] Postdoctoral position avaiable in cryo-EM and immunobiology at IUB

Pallesen, Jesper pallesen at indiana.edu
Fri May 10 13:11:15 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The Pallesen Lab (www.indiana.edu/~cryoem) is filling postdoctoral positions at IUB. We are seeking talented and creative researchers in all areas of biochemistry, immunobiology and structural biology. Prior experience with cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) or -tomography (cryo-ET) is preferred, although not a prerequisite.

We study molecular mechanisms of recognition and signal transfer in immunobiological interactions. We use a wealth of biochemical and biophysical techniques and our analyses revolve around state-of-the-art cryo-EM experimentation. We are pushing the envelope of cryo-EM structural characterization by implementing new and exciting methodologies into our workflows. Our lab is a RosettaCommons member and we have full access to our brand new TFS Talos Arctica electron microscope equipped with phase plates and both TFS Falcon 3 and Gatan K3 direct electron detectors. We also have access to several extramural TFS Titan Krios instruments. Our structural studies rely on well-established collaborations as well as immunobiological systems and protein complexes that we optimize ourselves and express in our in-house bioreactor setup.

Interested candidates with a PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or a related field with relevant experience should submit their applications at http://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/7846.

For more details:

http://www.indiana.edu/~cryoem/News_3.html

Sincerely,