[3dem] Positions available: Structural CryoEM of membrane proteins

Patrick Sexton patrick.sexton at monash.edu
Thu May 9 15:37:26 PDT 2019

*Research positions in cryo-EM structural biology of G protein-coupled
receptors*
Melbourne, Australia

The Drug Discovery Biology Theme (DDB) in the Monash University Institute
of Pharmaceutical Science (MIPS) is seeking talented research scientists to
fill two new positions supporting the use of cryo-EM to determine
structures of the largest class of drug receptor targets, G protein-coupled
receptors

*About DDB and MIPS:*
DDB is one of 4 research departments in the Faculty of Pharmacy and
Pharmaceutical Sciences that is ranked in the top 5 of all Universities for
Pharmacy and Pharmacology.
DDB is internationally renowned for their research into G protein-coupled
receptors and has played a leading role in the application of cryo-EM to
elucidation of high-resolution GPCR structure.
Our research group has dedicated instrumentation to support cryo-EM
including a Talos L120c and 200kV Glacios (VPP, Falcon 3 detector).
We also have strong international collaborations, including with Rado Danev
at the University of Tokyo, and with Thermo Fisher Scientific.

We are seeking talented individuals with a background in structural biology
of membrane proteins and/or extensive experience in single particle cryo-EM.
More details on the positions can be found at the links below.

http://careers.pageuppeople.com/513/cw/en/job/591998/research-fellow-in-structural-biology
http://careers.pageuppeople.com/513/cw/en/job/591828/research-fellow-in-drug-discovery-biology

Positions are initially for 12 months but may be extended.

Closing date is May 24th.

For further information, potential applicants are welcome to contact me.

--
Patrick M. Sexton, PhD
Professor of Pharmacology
Email: patrick.sexton at monash.edu