[3dem] Cleaning water cooling pipe inside the camera assembly

Joseph Wang joewang at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 29 08:53:58 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I have a question regarding cleaning the water cooling pipe inside the
camera assembly and would hope to get any comment on it.

We have a Gatan Oneview Camera attached to our TEM and recently we found
that the flowrate has dropped from 15L/hr to 2 L/hr. We have cleaned the
water cooling tube outside the camera box and has flushed out many
green-ish stuff (as attached in the image). Note that we have also
installed a filter for the chiller, but it didn't pick this up. And now we
would like to clean the water cooling pipe inside the camera assembly. Has
anyone done this before? What detergent / cleanser could we use? How long
could we leave it in the water cooling pipe before flushing it out?

Thank you in advance for your help.

kind regards,
Joe