[3dem] CryoEM/CryoET Data Processing Workshop in Galveston (May 6-9, 2019)

Ludtke, Steven J sludtke at bcm.edu
Fri Mar 8 21:30:09 PST 2019

For many years, Houston played host to a 4-day CryoEM data processing workshop. We will be picking this series up again this year, 2 months from now (May 6-9,2019), with the venue shifted to nearby Galveston, TX (ie - Hotel on the beach), following The 24th Annual Sealy Center Structural Biology Symposium (https://scsb.utmb.edu/symposium) on May 4.

https://scsb.utmb.edu/symposium/cem-workshop.asp

The workshop (May 6-9) will cover EMAN2, SPHIRE, CHIMERA, COOT and PHENIX. The first day will cover CryoET and subtomogram averaging, followed by two days of single particle analysis, closing out with a day of visualization and model building. The workshop will alternate between theory and practical sessions (with participants using their laptops). Please see the site above for details and registration. Limited space is available, and the workshop is only two months away, so we encourage you to register soon.

For general workshop questions, please contact:
Dr. Michael Sherman (mbsherma at utmb.edu<mailto:mbsherma at utmb.edu>)

For questions regarding computer requirements:
Dr. Steven Ludtke (sludtke at bcm.edu<mailto:sludtke at bcm.edu>)

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D. <sludtke at bcm.edu<mailto:sludtke at bcm.edu>>                      Baylor College of Medicine
Charles C. Bell Jr., Professor of Structural Biology
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology                      (www.bcm.edu/biochem<http://www.bcm.edu/biochem>)
Academic Director, CryoEM Core                                        (cryoem.bcm.edu<http://cryoem.bcm.edu>)
Co-Director CIBR Center                                    (www.bcm.edu/research/cibr<http://www.bcm.edu/research/cibr>)