[3dem] Several expert and trainee positions open at the Molecular Microscopy Consortium

Mario Borgnia mborgnia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 07:14:39 PST 2019

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that we have several openings at the expert and
trainee levels at the Molecular Microscopy Consortium (MMC) at the Research
Triangle Park.

The recently established MMC is a vibrant collaborative research and
training environment involving Duke University, UNC Chapel Hill and the
NIEHS. The mission of the MMC is to enable the use of single particle
cryo-EM and other tools in molecular microscopy by research groups at
partner institutions. The MMC seeks to provide guidance and expertise in
solving macromolecular structures at near atomic resolution and ensure
access to high resolution electron microscopy. We are heavily training
oriented.

We have deployed a Titan Krios and a Talos Arctica and a second Talos
Arctica is currently being installed.

Several positions are open both at the expert level (staff scientists and
post-docs) and well as for highly motivated individuals interested in
becoming experts in the methodology.

For more details write to me at *mborgnia at nih.gov <mborgnia at nih.gov>*

Best,

Mario J. Borgnia