[3dem] postdoc positions - cryoEM - NYC

Amedee des Georges Amedee.desGeorges at asrc.cuny.edu
Tue Jun 4 16:03:41 PDT 2019

Dear 3DEMists,

My group is seeking highy motiviated applicants for two post-doctoral research associate positions, available immediately. Both projects are geared towards understanding the effect of ligands on membrane protein dynamics using cryo-EM and image analysis methods. One is funded by an American Heart Association Innovative Research Award and the other by a research collaboration with the Pharma company Servier.

We are located at the CUNY Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC), in the heart of Manhattan. The ASRC offers a highly interactive and collaborative environment that integrates structural biologists with colleagues in neuroscience, photonics, nanoscience and environmental sciences. Combining world-class experts in these areas with state-of-the-art instrumentation both at the ASRC and at the adjacent New York Structural Biology Center, including several FEI Titan cryo-electron microscopes, the ASRC offers a unique opportunity for research programs to flourish among normally-disparate fields.

Our laboratory studies the structure, function and dynamics of macromolecular complexes involved in cell homeostasis using cryo-electron microscopy. We are looking for applicants with experience in structural and molecular biology. Knowledge of model-building and molecular dynamics are a plus, but experience in electron microscopy is not required.

Please feel free to share this with interested parties.

Best,

Amedee des Georges

--
Amedee des Georges, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Structural Biology Initiative, CUNY Advanced Science Research Center