[3dem] PhD opportunity

David Bhella David.Bhella at glasgow.ac.uk
Tue Jun 4 03:21:52 PDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

There is a PhD studentship currently available in my lab to study virus-host interactions by Cryo-EM, using the cutting-edge facilities available at the Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging (SCMI), Scotland’s new national Cryo-EM facility.
The project is an industrial partnership with JEOL and one aim of this project is to exploit the capabilities of the JEOL CryoARM 300; JEOL’s newly designed 300 keV fully automated instrument, which at SCMI is equipped with a Direct Electron DE64 camera.

My lab (and SCMI) is based in the Medical Research Council - University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research (CVR).
The CVR is the largest dedicated virology research institute in the UK and is housed in the Sir Michael Stoker Building, a state-of-the-art research building on the beautiful Garscube campus at the University of Glasgow.

Glasgow is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with ready access to the west-coast of Scotland and the highlands.

More details here:
https://www.gla.ac.uk/researchinstitutes/iii/cvr/virologytraining/

Closing Date 21st June.

D.

David Bhella
Professor of Structural Virology
Director - Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging

MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research
Sir Michael Stoker Building
Garscube Campus
464 Bearsden Road
Glasgow G61 1QH