[3dem] Survey on EMBL-EBI's data resources (incl. PDBe, PDBe-KB, EMDB, EMPIAR, BioImage Archive)

Osman Salih osman at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jul 25 07:40:56 PDT 2019

A message from Gerard Kleywegt (Head of Molecular and Cellular
Structure, EMBL-EBI)

Dear colleagues,

The European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI; https://www.ebi.ac.uk/)
provides biological data resources to the worldwide scientific
community. You are probably familiar with PDBe (https://pdbe.org/), EMDB
(https://emdb-empiar.org/) and EMPIAR (https://empiar.org/) and possibly
also with PDBe-KB (https://pdbe-kb.org/) and the recently launched
BioImage Archive (https://www.ebi.ac.uk/bioimage-archive/).

We strive to meet the data needs of biological researchers, understand
how scientists use our data resources and improve the services we
provide. Each year we invite the scientific community to complete a
survey about their experiences using (or not using) EMBL-EBI's freely
available data resources. We carefully analyze your responses and
comments to understand how you use our data resources to prioritize our
development and better serve the scientific community. We encourage you
to fill out the survey even if you think you do not use our data
resources: your responses are still of interest to us.

It is important for us (the structural resources) to get a lot of
(molecular, cellular, and beyond).

The survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2N99899

Please feel free to pass this email on to others who may have an
interest in EMBL-EBI's data resources. Thanks!

Best wishes,

--Gerard

---
Gerard J. Kleywegt, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
Head of Molecular and  Cellular Structure
gerard at ebi.ac.uk pdbe.org emdb-empiar.org
PA: Roisin Dunlop pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk