[3dem] cryo-EM positions at MSU, one TT and one staff scientist

Parent, Kristin kparent at msu.edu
Wed Jul 10 07:01:55 PDT 2019

Dear cryo-EM gurus,

As many of you know, we have been building a cryo-EM facility at Michigan State University. I am happy to announce that we recruited Dr. Kelly Kim to join us as a tenure track junior faculty member! Yay Kelly 😃 Go Green!

However, we did not yet fill our second position, and are re-opening the search. I am attaching the link below. We are seeking a second tenure track faculty member interested in cryo-EM related to biology. Please help me by passing on the advertisement information to qualified individuals looking for a faculty position in this area. Alternatively, send me any names you think of and I can reach out to folks directly.

Our facility is now fully setup with a Talos Arctica outfitted with a phase plate and a Falcon 3 camera. Additionally, we have on hand all the necessary auxiliary equipment for cryo-EM imaging and data storage (keep a lookout for our facility’s website—it will go live at the end of the month). We are already collecting high resolution data and are looking forward to welcoming another new colleague to join our group.

http://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/497980/assistantassociate-professortenure-system Note the application review process starts on October 1.

In addition, we are also hiring a staff scientist:  http://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/501859/staff-scientist-for-cryoem-research-assistant-iii Note this is open until July 30th

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions regarding these positions.
Kristin

--
Kristin N. Parent, PhD
JK Billman, Jr., MD Endowed Research Professor