[3dem] Faculty Position at Fred Hutch

Justin M Kollman jkoll at uw.edu
Tue Jul 2 17:41:43 PDT 2019

The Basic Sciences Division at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
in Seattle has opened a search for a faculty position in cryo-EM. It's an
excellent opportunity.

Justin

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center invites applications for an open
faculty position in the Division of Basic Sciences. Recruitment at an
Assistant Member level is preferred but we will consider more senior
applicants. We seek an exceptional structural biologist conducting
fundamental research within areas of molecular and cellular biology that
possess significant potential for novel biological insight and discovery. A
particularly strong expertise and focus on the use and development of
Cryo-electron microscopy (CryoEM) as their primary experimental approach is
required.

Fred Hutch provides outstanding colleagues, a collegial atmosphere, and a
wealth of resources to support junior faculty success. Graduate students
are drawn from the outstanding ‘Molecular and Cellular Biology’ and
‘Biophysics, Structure and Design’ graduate programs at the University of
Washington. Fred Hutch is located in a modern campus by Lake Union in
Seattle, Washington, and is close to other non-profit research institutes
and the University of Washington. See our website for further information (
www.fredhutch.org/basic/).

For consideration, applicants must have a doctoral degree and a substantial
record of achievement pre and post-doctoral. Applicants from
underrepresented populations are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline for consideration for a fall interview: August 31,
2019. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis after the deadline
if the position is not filled. Candidates should visit
http://apply.interfolio.com/64580 for application instructions.

Justin Kollman
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry