[3dem] PhD student position on cryo-EM structures of amyloid fibrils at Ulm University, Germany

Matthias Schmidt matthias.schmidt at uni-ulm.de
Wed Jan 30 06:28:09 PST 2019

PhD student position at the Institute of Protein Biochemistry, Ulm
University (Germany),
Group Prof. Dr. M. Fändrich

The Institute of Protein Biochemistry
(https://www.uni-ulm.de/nawi/nawi-pbc.html) investigates the molecular
basis of amyloid diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease and systemic
amyloidosis. We use a broad range of techniques from protein
biochemistry, structural biology (in particular cryo-EM) to cell
biology. Our strong ties to several medical institutions enable us to
uniquely link structural biology with patient and animal samples. We
seek for new doctorate students with an excellent Master degree in, for
example, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Physics to strengthen our cryo-EM
analysis of amyloid fibril structures. Projects may involve protein
purification and sample preparation, cryo-EM imaging, single particle
reconstruction, structural modelling and the combination of structural
and biological/medical data.

If you are interested, please contact us under
bewerbung-pbc(at)uni-ulm.de.Incoming mails will be viewed from 15
February 2019 onwards. Position will be filled as soon as possible.