[3dem] Postdoc position in Toronto Canada

Mazhab-Jafari, Mohammad Mohammad.Mazhab-Jafari at uhnresearch.ca
Mon Jan 28 14:48:49 PST 2019

Dear 3DEM community,

One post-doctoral position is available in the group of Mohammad Mazhab-Jafari at Princess Margaret cancer research institute, Toronto, to study the structure and dynamics of enzymes involved in lipid metabolism. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented researcher who will use cryoEM to study the catalytic mechanism of endogenous protein complexes purified from natural sources such as cancer cell lines and fungal pathogens.

Our recently established laboratory (Sept 2017) is located within the structural biology center of Princess Margaret cancer research tower and is well equipped for protein biochemistry and purification from human, fungal, and bacterial cells. We are also equipped with a Vitrobot Mark IV for electron microscopy sample preparation.

In the summer of 2019 we will be equipped with a Talos L120C electron microscope capable of cryo-screening. Additionally, we currently have access to the state-of-the-art Titan Krios electron microscope at Nanoscale Biomedical Imaging Facility in Toronto (http://www.sickkids.ca/Research/Advanced-Bioimaging-Centre/high-throughput/index.html).

Candidates interested in this position are encouraged to send their CV, an interest letter, and names and contacts of at least two referees to Mohammad.Mazhab-Jafari at uhnresearch.ca<mailto:Mohammad.Mazhab-Jafari at uhnresearch.ca> no later than May 1th, 2019.

Best regards,

Mohammad Mazhab-Jafari, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Biophysics
University Health Network
Princess Margaret Cancer Research Tower
MaRS Centre (East Tower), Room 5-358
101 College St.<https://maps.google.com/?q=101+College+St.%0D+Toronto,+On%0D+M5G+1L7&entry=gmail&source=g>
Toronto, On<https://maps.google.com/?q=101+College+St.%0D+Toronto,+On%0D+M5G+1L7&entry=gmail&source=g>
M5G 1L7<https://maps.google.com/?q=101+College+St.%0D+Toronto,+On%0D+M5G+1L7&entry=gmail&source=g>

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.

If you feel you have received an email from UHN of a commercial nature and would like to be removed from the sender's mailing list please do one of the following:
(1) Follow any unsubscribe process the sender has included in their email
(2) Where no unsubscribe process has been included, reply to the sender and type "unsubscribe" in the subject line. If you require additional information please go to our UHN Newsletters and Mailing Lists page.
Please note that we are unable to automatically unsubscribe individuals from all UHN mailing lists.