[3dem] CCP-EM Spring Symposium: 29 April - 1 May, Nottingham University

Colin Palmer - UKRI STFC colin.palmer at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 10:41:59 PST 2019

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the fifth annual CCP-EM Spring Symposium. Sign up on the event website before 25 January for an Early Bird discount:

http://www.cvent.com/d/xbqsqk

The Spring Symposium aims to provide a forum to highlight state of the art developments in computational cryo-EM and related themes as well as showcasing outstanding recent applications. We aim to promote an inclusive, friendly atmosphere welcoming both old and new to the community and there is the opportunity to present your work via a poster or a selected talk.

Topics include instrument technology, sample preparation, image processing, single particle reconstruction, tomography and model building.

The conference will be held 29th April - 1st May at the University of Nottingham, UK. A provisional programme is available on the event website.

Confirmed speakers include:

John Rubinstein (University of Toronto)
Sjors Scheres (MRC-LMB)

David Bhella (University of Glasgow)
Thomas Braun (University of Basel)
Doryen Bubeck (Imperial College London)
Wim Hagen (EMBL)
Wanda Kukulski (MRC-LMB)
Stephen Muench (University of Leeds)
Stefan Pfeffer (University of Heidelberg)
Shaun Rawson (Harvard Medical School)
Sonja Welsch (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
Pamela Williams (Astex Pharmaceuticals)

Michele Darrow (TTP Labtech)
Giulia Weissenberger (CryoSol)

Plus: what's new at CCP-EM, EBI and eBIC

Scientific organisers:

John Briggs (MRC-LMB)
Rebecca Thompson (University of Leeds)

Registration site:
http://www.cvent.com/d/xbqsqk

Registration fees:
PI/Industrial: £225.00 (Early Bird price £175.00 before 25 Jan)
Student/PostDoc: £175.00 (Early Bird price £125.00 before 25 Jan)

We have also ensured reasonably priced accommodation is available from Nottingham University (£60/room/night; available on registration).

We hope to see you there!

Best wishes,

Colin, Tom and the rest of the CCP-EM team

--
Dr. Colin Palmer
CCP-EM | www.ccpem.ac.uk | @ccp_em

Research Complex at Harwell