[3dem] 2019 New Year’s resolutions of a cryo-EM newbie

Marin van Heel marin.vanheel at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 1 14:38:20 PST 2019

1)     I shall not make false FSC resolution claims on Wikipedia without
first reading and understanding the original papers.

(reviewed in: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/11/24/224402)
2)     I shall not anonymously and abusively attack the very inventors of
the FSC in presumptuous public Wikipedia statements, implying that I
understand the FSCs better than they ever did.
3)     I shall explicitly apologize for anonymously posting fake
information on Wikipedia from an IP address in Ontario Canada, thereby
discrediting the Ontario cryo-EM community (possibly including my own PI…).
4)     My special apologies shall go to a Structural Professor at Guelph
University who is one of the original FSC inventors.
5)     In my quest to become a real scientist, in 2019 I shall cancel my
membership of the flat-earth society.
6)     I most sincerely hope that, if I stick to my five New Year’s
resolutions and stop wasting the cryo-EM community’s time, my fellow
Canadians will not extradite me to the fake-news country at our southern
border.
Have fun in 2019!
Marin van Heel
[image: image.png]