[3dem] Postdoctoral Researcher position at NREL - Biophysics and Structural Biology
Petri.Alahuhta at nrel.gov
Mon Feb 25 09:07:14 PST 2019
We have an open position for a postdoctoral researcher in structural biology and biophysics at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Biosciences Center, Golden CO, USA. A recent PhD with experience in the structural determination of macromolecular assemblies using cryo-electron microscopy and X-ray/neutron scattering or single-molecule biophysics is required. For more information see below. Original posting and a link to apply for the position can be accessed using the following link:
Postdoctoral Researcher - Biophysics and Structural Biology
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is a leader in the U.S. Department of Energy's effort to secure an energy future that is both environmentally and economically sustainable. With locations in Golden, Boulder and Washington D.C., NREL is the primary laboratory for research, development and deployment of renewable energy technologies in the United States. The NREL mission is to develop renewable energy and energy efficient technologies and practices, advance related science and engineering, and transfer knowledge and innovation to address the nation's energy and environmental goals.
The Biosciences Center at NREL has an opening for a full time postdoctoral researcher in Biophysics and Structural Biology to study metabolic and biomass degrading enzymes and macromolecular complexes involved in biomass deconstruction as well as the production of biochemicals/biopolymers. The project will involve the determination of the structures and dynamics of enzymes and enzyme complexes using cryo-EM, neutron/X-ray scattering, or NMR potentially in combination with X-ray crystallography and molecular modeling. These structures will be used in subsequent molecular modeling studies and the successful candidate will work very closely with a team of computational scientists. Additionally, the successful candidate will be tasked with building interfaces to better analyze experimental data from these techniques (especially for cryo-EM) using classification methodologies, and incorporating results from molecular models for single particle reconstruction of more complex and heterogeneous enzyme preparations. The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers working on several projects related to biomass deconstruction and the production of biochemicals/biopolymers.
* Ph.D. in Biophysics, Structural Biology or a closely related field
* Demonstrating experience in the structural determination of macromolecular assemblies using cryo-electron microscopy
* Additional experience with X-ray/neutron scattering or single-molecule biophysics is required
* Demonstrated experience in the characterization of protein-protein complexes using a variety of biophysical methods (ITC, AUC, DLS, SPR, or NMR)
* Proficiency in Linux and familiar with at least one scripting language (such as Perl or Python)
* Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently and pre-pare scientific manuscripts are required
* Job duties include disseminate knowledge through publications in technical journals and presentations at conferences, symposia, and review meetings. The ideal candidate would also provide reports on technical work and input to technical publications and presentations
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
Must be a recent PhD graduate within the last three years.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 3dem