[3dem] New Project Name: EMDataResource

Cathy Lawson lawson at rcsb.rutgers.edu
Mon Feb 18 09:28:25 PST 2019

The EMDataBank/Unified Data Resource for 3DEM Project, established in
2007 to serve the scientific community as a global portal for
deposition, search, services, and events related to 3D (cryo) electron
microscopy, has a new name: *EMDataResource*. This name change more
clearly distinguishes our collaborative project from the EMDB Map Data
Archive <https://emdb-empiar.org>.

With joint deposition of 3DEM maps and models now fully integrated into
the wwPDB OneDep system <http://deposit.wwpdb.org>, we will continue to
maintain our project website as a resource for the 3DEM community, and
to collaborate with EMDB, wwPDB, and related resources. This site will
also serve as our platform for stimulating community development of
validation criteria and standards through additional challenge activities.

In addition to the name change, several improvements have been made to
the project website <https://www.emdataresource.org>, including a new
service for searching and viewing EMDB map entry data, plus more
mobile-friendly pages.

To preserve continuity, emdatabank.org bookmarks, links, and email
addresses will automatically forward to the new domain. Please note that
legacy emsearch and atlas pages will be retired in spring 2019.

We welcome your comments and suggestions at help at emdataresource.org
<mailto:help at emdataresource.org>.

--
Cathy Lawson
Rutgers Institute for Quantitative Biomedicine