[3dem] Orius error

Mariena Silvestry Ramos ms3289 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 5 11:55:35 PST 2019

Hi all,

I hope this message finds you well. We have an Orius on one of smaller scopes and occasionally we get an error message that says: error, too many images. This has happened both with and without images open on the Gatan UI. I've checked and all of our cables are connected, there's plenty of space on the PC as well as memory. I tried to engage with both Gatan and the scope manufacturer, but perhaps because it is an older camera, we haven't had much luck finding support. Have any of you with Orius cams ever seen a similar error? If so, would you mind sharing how you were able to fix the issue?

On a separate but somewhat related note, I was wondering if anyone out there has an UltraScan (1k x 1k, or 2k x 2k) they're itching to get rid of and wouldn't mind discussing the possibility of quoting a price/option to offload it. This would be for a BioTwin (T12) microscope. Just throwing it out there, in case you have one collecting dust somewhere.

Feel free to answer off-list.

Thanks in advance,

Mariena

Mariena Silvestry Ramos, PhD