[3dem] visualization of data from a remote server

Dieter Blaas dieter.blaas at meduniwien.ac.at
Sun Feb 3 12:53:51 PST 2019

I have excellent experience with TurboVNC/VirtualGL. In particular,
Chimera works very well and the performance on a reasonably rapid
network is like sitting in front of the workstation! I usually connect
to my Windows PC remotely from home or any place in the world and from
there to two Linux workstations. If the network is slow you can reduce
the number of colors to get a better performance!

bw Dieter

Dieter Blaas,
Max F. Perutz Laboratories
Medical University of Vienna,
Inst. Med. Biochem., Vienna Biocenter (VBC),
Dr. Bohr Gasse 9/3,
A-1030 Vienna, Austria,
Tel: 0043 1 4277 61630,
Fax: 0043 1 4277 9616,