[3dem] Precipitation observed after making freeze substitution cocktail containing 5% water

Amar Parvate aparvate at lji.org
Thu Dec 19 11:41:15 PST 2019

Hi  Qiaohui
I would agree with the 7-8% stock concentration for UA. Even at that
concentration, it would take a while to dissolve in methanol. Additionally,
I would filter it with a 0.22 micron filter, make aliquots and then freeze
in LN2. Dont know if LN2 was overkill but i have never seen
cloudy precipitation in my FS mixes and i was using 3% OS and 0.5% UA along
with some TA and glutaraldehyde.

Hope this helps!

Best

Amar Parvate