[3dem] Data storage and compression

Guillaume Gaullier guillaume at gaullier.org
Thu Aug 29 07:57:43 PDT 2019

Hello Julien,

You already got answers regarding archival of the raw data (movies). To archive Relion projects, I remove the jobs that were dead ends (unless they are very important to understand why I chose another strategy), I do "Gentle clean all jobs" and "Empty trash" in the Relion GUI, then I make a tar.gz archive of the entire Relion project directory. I then store this archive in a hard drive on a shelf, and I also copy it on a network drive provided by my institution (which they take care of backing up off-site on a regular basis).

I hope this helps.

Guillaume