[3dem] Data storage and compression

Takanori Nakane tnakane at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 29 05:04:02 PDT 2019

Hi,

> Most people just opt for the "hard drive on a shelf" method for completed
> projects, which has advantages (cheap/simple) and disadvantages (what
> happens if the drive dies)...

After publication of your structures, I recommend raw data to be deposited
in EMPIAR.
Not only is it useful for reproducibility, education and method development,
it also serves as an additional layer of backup. You might drop your disk,
water might leak from the ceiling, etc. Having backups in a physically
distant
place is a good practice.

Best regards,

Takanori Nakanori