[3dem] 626 holder cliprings - 60º VS. 70º

David Michael Belnap David.Belnap at utah.edu
Wed Aug 21 07:54:44 PDT 2019

Garry,

These are rings for two different holder tips.  You should only use the 70 deg. rings for your 70-deg holder.

David

On Aug 20, 2019, at 3:22 PM, Garry P Morgan <Garry.Morgan at Colorado.EDU<mailto:Garry.Morgan at Colorado.EDU>> wrote:

hello all,

i have a question about the different clip-rings for Gatan 626 cryo-holders. my experience is limited to the 70º rings (1st picture below), and i was not even aware of the 60º cliprings (until we mistakenly ordered/received some new ones).  are there any 626 users out there who can give me an opinion on the 60º cliprings? are these better for acquiring 0º-tilt data and is there any difference in the aluminum vs. phosphor-bronze?

thanks,
Garry