[3dem] fall symposium and job openings at MSU

Parent, Kristin kparent at msu.edu
Tue Aug 13 14:16:58 PDT 2019

Dear 3dem-ers,

Please join us at our 2019 Molecular Biology Symposium. We are hosting a two-day event at Michigan State University to celebrate the grand opening of our new cryo-EM facility on Friday, October 4th and Saturday October 5th.

The focus of the event will be the latest and greatest trends in biophysical methods and advances, including structural biology. We will have a combination of invited talks, a poster session and a tour of the new facility. Please forward this link to any students and/or postdocs that would like to attend.

Please see registration link below. Registration is free, but there are a limited number of seats (<100) so register ASAP if you want to guarantee a spot.

https://biophysics.natsci.msu.edu/activities/2019-cryo-em-symposium/

Also, a reminder that we are still hiring a tenure-track faculty member and a staff scientist in this area:

http://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/497980/assistantassociate-professortenure-system Note the application review process starts on October 1.

In addition, we are also hiring a staff scientist:  http://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/501859/staff-scientist-for-cryoem-research-assistant-iii Note this has been reopened for another 5 weeks

Hope to see you at the symposium!
Kristin

--
Kristin N. Parent, PhD
JK Billman, Jr., MD Endowed Research Professor