[3dem] New camera for a 200 kV LaB6 cryo-EM microscope

Denis Chrétien denis.chretien at univ-rennes1.fr
Wed Apr 24 13:59:43 PDT 2019

Dear all,

We would like to upgrade our 200 kV LaB6 ( Tecnai G2 T20 Sphera FE ) with a a new camera. We currently have an Ultrascan 4K from Gatan and are wondering whether a direct electron camera would drastically improve our images (at quite an expensive price), or if a less expensive camera like the RIO that allows motion correction would be sufficient considering the limited resolution of our microscope. Any feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Denis

Université de Rennes 1
UMR 6290, équipe TIPs