[3dem] Winter School of Cryo-EM Workshop at Arizona State University (ASU)

Po-Lin Chiu holmeschiu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:21:44 PDT 2018

Dear everyone,

We are pleased to announce the Cryo-EM Workshop of the High-Resolution TEM
Winter School, which will be held on December 11-14, 2018 at Arizona State
University (ASU) Tempe campus.  The HRTEM Winter School at ASU has a long
history in educating and training TEM scientists, and we have been
expanding our interests and courses to the biological applications,
especially the cryo-EM methods.

The goal of the Cryo-EM Workshop is to introduce the concepts and
applications of the biological cryo-EM.  We will have four guest speakers
coming to join our workshop: Dr. James Evans (Pacific Northwest National
Laboratory), Dr. Tim Grant (HHMI Janelia Farms), Dr. Axel Brilot (UCSF),
and Dr. Thomas Tomasaik (University of Arizona).  Participants will learn
the complete workflow and advanced techniques used for biological cryo-EM
through lectures, demos, and hands-on experiments.  No previous experience
is required.  Also, it will be a great opportunity for the participants to
learn the cryo-EM principles while working along with their samples.
Therefore, we are welcoming to receive the proposals from who are
interested in bringing their samples and processing their data on site.

More information can be found in https://le-csss.asu.edu/cryoworkshop.
Winter is the wonderful season to visit Pheonix area, and we are looking
forward to welcoming you.  Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need
more information.