[3dem] PNCC announcement

Craig Yoshioka yoshiokc at ohsu.edu
Wed Oct 17 13:42:13 PDT 2018

Dear cryo-EM community and those interested in learning cryo-EM,

The Pacific Northwest Center for Cryo-EM (PNCC) will begin working with its first users and samples on November 1st. We would like to encourage the community to submit additional applications in November for peer-review and scheduling of microscope time in December and January.   The center currently has full-time access to a 200KV Arctica with a K2, a 120KV T12 for negative-stain screening, and limited access to a 300KV Krios with Falcon 3 and GIF/K3.  In the summer of 2019 we will be installing three new Krios microscopes for full-time use by PNCC.

Proposal applications are accepted anytime and reviewed on a rolling basis.  Visit http://pncc.online to learn more and find instructions for submitting applications.  Or, feel free to contact Claudia Lopez (lopezcl at ohsu.edu<mailto:lopezcl at ohsu.edu>) or Craig Yoshioka (yoshiokc at ohsu.edu<mailto:yoshiokc at ohsu.edu>) directly.

The PNCC is also happy to receive applications focused primarily on hands-on training of individuals in sample preparation, microscope operation, automated data collection, and data processing.  For this purpose, we recommend applying for programmatic access and focusing on the individuals to be trained, and the impact that training would have on their scientific independence.

Thanks,
Craig Yoshioka and Claudia Lopez

Pacific Northwest Center for Cryo-EM
Oregon Health and Sciences University