[3dem] Job opportunities in TEM at Vironova

Mihaela Folea mirela79ro at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 00:16:08 PST 2018

Dear EM community,
I am very pleased to announce that we are expanding. Here at VIRONOVA we are searching for new colleagues with extensive experience in transmission electron microscopy (TEM).
Vironova AB was founded in 2005 as a result of interdisciplinary research at the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden and is today a quickly growing company with around 50 employees. Vironova offers unique services for nanoparticle characterization together with our software solutions (VAS) for advanced electron microscopy image analysis and recently launched tabletop TEM system (MiniTEM). We are currently opening the first Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) compliant EM facility. Therefore, Vironova is now searching for the right people to join the Electron Microscopy Service Unit. With our proprietary in-house developed software (VAS) we offer a unique range of transmission electron microscopy (TEM) image analysis services in accordance to GMP to biotech companies and the pharmaceutical industry (our clients are mainly found in the vaccine and drug/gene delivery industry). Our image analysis services are mainly used for characterization of specimens such as viruses, VLPs, liposomes and lipid nanoparticles. Depending on the characteristics of the specimen and the aim of the study Vironova uses different sample preparation methods and TEM-techniques such as cryoTEM, negative stain (nsTEM) and ultra-thin sectioning of cells or tissues (utsTEM).
As the demand for our services is constantly increasing, we are now looking for people with experience in both nsTEM and cryoTEM. You will join a team of scientists focusing on delivering projects to the highest quality and on time to our clients, therefore, the person we are looking for has:
- Extensive experience in nsTEM and cryoTEM (≥4 years experience)- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)- A good scientific and quality mindset
In addition, you will be involved in cross functional activities to support the development of the proprietary software, to support marketing & sales and to interact with clients. As a person you are analytical and structured. You like to be part of a team, are committed and responsible. You are a good communicator, enjoy learning new things as well as being a good educator. As each microscopist in the team are running several projects at a time, you are good in multitasking, flexible and service oriented.Traveling to clients and conferences is part of the position. If you are interested, please send in your application (CV and a personal letter) to Josefina Nilsson ( josefina.nilsson at vironova.com ).
Best wishes,
Mihaela Folea, PhD
Senior Scientist
Vironova AB
Gävlegatan 22, SE-113 30 Stockholm, Sweden
Office +46 8 702 67 90Mobile +46 (0) 70 918 46 18Registered Office: Stockholm, Reg.No. 556678-1463
www.vironova.com