[3dem] Micrographs manual sorting relion3

Daniel Asarnow asarnow at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Nov 23 10:50:58 PST 2018

The fastest way to manually go over micrographs is to create 4x binned PNG
copies using e2proc2d.py, and then go through them using eog (eye of gnome)
or another image viewer that lets you advance through images in file name
order and delete them (in eog, arrow keys and delete key). Then move all
the images for which the PNG does not exist. You can go through 1000
micrographs per hour in this way.

If you want to use statistics, I recommend making a plot of CTF figure of
merit (y) vs. CTF fit resolution (x), usually the "good micrographs" are in
a population in the bottom left with good fit resolution and not *too high*
figure of merit (usually crystalline ice).

-da