[3dem] EMDB accession code format

Ardan Patwardhan ardan at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 21 08:43:56 PDT 2018

Dear all

The current format of the EMDB accession code is EMD-#### (4 digits starting at 1001).

Due to the rapid growth in EMDB we are running out of 4 digit accession codes. You will therefore see entries released in the coming weeks with accession codes in the range below 1001 but padded with leading zeros to 4 digits, e.g., EMD-0011 or EMD-0221. Once these are exhausted we will continue with 5 or more digits.

In other words EMDB accession codes will have the format:
EMD-##### where ##### is a number. If the number is less than 1000, it will be padded with leading zeros to a minimum length of 4 digits.

If you have any queries about the change please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes

Ardan Patwardhan
Team Leader - Cellular Structure & 3D Bioimaging
EMDB & EMPIAR
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD
Tel: +44 1223 492649