[3dem] Postdoc Position @ Case Western Reserve University

Jason Mears jason.mears at case.edu
Thu May 17 13:56:58 PDT 2018

Post-doctoral position, Mears Group, Case Western Reserve University

A postdoctoral research position is immediately available in the Mears Lab at Case Western Reserve University. Our goal is to study the structure and function of proteins involved in mitochondrial dynamics. Our research program integrates cryo-EM and biochemical approaches and the environment fosters interactions with other structural and mitochondrial biologists.

Our EM facility is housed at the Cleveland Center for Membrane and Structural Biology (CCMSB). Users will have access to a JEOL 2200FSC equipped an Omega filter and a BioQuantum K3 camera, a TF20 equipped with a Teitz 4K camera, and a T12 with a 4K camera. Additional resources for specimen preparation and image processing are in place.

A successful candidate will work collaboratively to define molecular interactions that drive membrane remodeling. Applicants should hold a PhD (or be within ~6 months of holding a PhD) in the area of biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology or a related area. The ideal candidate will have experience in structural biology (cryo-electron microscopy or x-ray crystallography), computational biology, and/or data processing.

Please send a brief statement of research interests and a curriculum vitae with references to jason.mears at case.edu

Jason Mears, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Pharmacology