[3dem] UMB Bio Image Analysis Workshop

Ruching hsia hsia627 at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 22:57:09 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,
This is to remind you that registration for the Bio Image Analysis Workshop hosted by the University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) Electron Microscopy Core Imaging Facility (EMCIF) on May 24th and 25th will close this Friday, May 18th.   Fifteen image analysis experts and software developers will be onsite to demonstrate common workflows for image analysis of biological specimens. The applications that will be discussed during the workshop include Photoshop, ImageJ, Slicer, IMOD, MIPAR, Amira-Avizo, Aivia, Imaris, Arivis, Dragonfly/ORS, and ImagePro and Zen. In most cases, demo software will be available for download.
Furthermore, there will be two instrument demonstrations featuring the newly developed 20 Megapixel CMOS TEM camera NanoSprint by AMT, and the robotic automated specimen processor ASP1000 by Microscopy Innovations.
Thanks to generous donations by our sponsors, we are able to offer 50 free registrations to graduate student and postdocs. There are still a few spaces left.
Please visit the web site below for more information.
    Website:  	http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/core-imaging/workshops-and-courses/current-em-techniques-workshop-image-analysis/
    Registration: 	https://umbbioimageanalysis.eventbrite.com/
    Inquiries:  	coreimaging at umaryland.edu
I look forward to seeing you at the workshop.
Sincerely,
Ru-ching Hsia
rhsia at umaryland.edu
Associate Professor and Director
Electron Microscopy Core Imaging Facility
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Tel: 410-706 7992
http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/Core-imaging
Rm 696B, Howard Hall, 660 W. Redwood St. Baltimore, MD 21201