[3dem] Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Position at McGill

Joaquin Ortega, Dr. joaquin.ortega at mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 15 20:01:26 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at McGill is looking for strong candidates to fill a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position. We are interested in candidates aiming to develop a strong research program targeting important biological and biomedical questions using cryo-EM.  Only in the last year three new recruits have arrived to our Department and we are continuing to expand now with this new position and continuous upgrades to our cryo-EM infrastructure.

A major strength at McGill is the Facility for Electron Microscopy Research (FEMR: http://www.mcgill.ca/femr). This core facility represents one of the largest and most advanced cryo-EM platforms in Canada.  Current instruments include a Titan Krios, a Tecnai F20, a Tecnai G2 Spirit, a Tecnai 12, a new FEI Helios Nanolab 660 focus ion beam SEM, and a FEI CorrSight system for correlative light and electron microscopy. The most recent addition to the platform is a new Talos system which will be delivered next December.

Information and application procedure for this position can be found at:

https://www.mcgill.ca/medicine-academic/positionsavailable

https://www.mcgill.ca/medicine-academic/files/medicine-academic/20180228_acb_tt_asst_professor_crc_2_18007a-180206_-_eng.pdf

 Best regards,

Joaquin