[3dem] Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging - Symposium and opening 10-11th September 2018

David Bhella David.Bhella at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 09:16:18 PST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

The Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging (SCMI), based in the University of Glasgow, will be Scotland’s national centre for CryoEM.
Established as a consortium of Scottish Universities (Glasgow, Dundee, Edinburgh and St. Andrews), SCMI will provide access to top-flight cryoEM capabilities for structural biologists across Scotland and Northern England.

We will soon be taking delivery of our front-line instrument - a JEOL Cryo-ARM 300.
As we shall be among the first to take delivery of this new machine, we anticipate that the cryoEM community may be enthusiastic to learn about its design and capabilities.

To celebrate the launch of SCMI, we are planning to hold a symposium and opening event on the 10th and 11th of September.
If you are interested in attending, please save the date in your calendar.

Details of how to register for this event will follow in the coming weeks.

If you would like to follow our progress, we have facebook and twitter feeds:
https://www.facebook.com/SCMICryoEM
Twitter: @SCMICryoEM

Best Wishes,

D.

Dr David Bhella
Director - Scottish Centre for Macromolecular Imaging

MRC-University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research
Sir Michael Stoker Building
Garscube Campus
464 Bearsden Road
Glasgow G61 1QH