[3dem] Stackexchange ?

benoit.zuber at ana.unibe.ch benoit.zuber at ana.unibe.ch
Thu Jun 7 02:34:11 PDT 2018

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your first initiative. I think indeed it will be good to try again.
Regarding your doubt with getting notified of new questions. You can follow specific tags and get notified by e-mail or through the app when a new question mentioning the tag arises.
https://meta.stackexchange.com/a/121207/392791

We need a critical mass of people following tags. This should be possible to achieve: we can present the concepts to the most active repliers of the 3D-EM mailing list and I am sure they will be happy to do it. I already look forward to following resolution-measurement tag!
Active repliers that give meaningful answers are rewarded with kudos. Those replying to many questions but with low quality answers do not get that many kudos. This may sound like a joke but under the DORA declaration being a strong player with lots of reputation points in the stackexchange could be used as an achievement for grant applications. Scientists applying for jobs could also demonstrate their team-player capabilities with such a metric.

I suggest you and I discuss in private the planning of the new action. Anyone interested to get involved in this please contact me. When things are ripe, we will let the community know through this and other channels.

Best
Ben