[3dem] [ccpem] Converting MRC to tiff

Nicolas, William (William) wjnicol at caltech.edu
Sun Jun 3 17:31:54 PDT 2018

Hey Yehuda,

As Marin is saying this isn’t going to save any space to convert MRC in TIFF. However, if you happen to want to perform this task, this is how you can do it:

Both methods involve ImageJ. You can either use Bioformat plugin to open .mrc although I don’t like doing that. Instead there is another plugin called U759_inputoutput.jar (http://www.cmib.fr/en/download/softwares/input-output.html) that allows you to open .mrc with ImageJ. Then all you got to do is save as > TIFF.
Check if metadata are kept by doing so.

Cheers,

William Nicolas, HHMI Postdoc.

Jensen Laboratory - Meyerowitz Laboratory
Division of Biology and Biological Engineering
1200 East California Blvd
Postal code: 156-29
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91125, USA