[3dem] Postdoctoral Position / Topic: Cryo-EM structures of amyloid fibrils

Matthias Schmidt matthias.schmidt at uni-ulm.de
Mon Jul 16 04:43:08 PDT 2018

Postdoctoral Position
at the Institute of Protein Biochemistry, Ulm University (Germany),
Group Prof. Dr. M. Fändrich

Topic:
Cryo-EM structures of amyloid fibrils

The Institute of Protein Biochemistry
(https://www.uni-ulm.de/nawi/nawi-pbc.html) uses cryo-EM to study the
molecular basis of neurodegenerative diseases and systemic amyloidosis
(see recent manuscripts in PNAS, Nature Comm. or bioRxiv
doi.org/10.1038/s41467-018-03164-5; doi.org/10.1101/357129;
doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1522282113; doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1503455112). We
seek for a new postdoctoral coworker, starting ideally on 1 January
2019. The position (salary level E13, 100%) will be initially available
for two years with the possibility of an extension.

We offer an attractive interdisciplinary research environment on a very
topical research theme. We look for: a highly talented scientist (PhD)
with a strong background on biomolecular X-ray crystallography or
cryo-EM and experience in interpreting density maps with structural models.

Please send an application consisting of cover letter, c.v. and
certificates, preferrably combined into one PDF document to the
following email address

bewerbung-pbc(at)uni-ulm.de

We will view the incoming applications from 15 August 2018 onwards. The
position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been
identified.