[3dem] PDF position available

Alba Guarne, Dr alba.guarne at mcgill.ca
Tue Jul 3 13:00:43 PDT 2018

Dear 3dem community,
One 3-year CIHR-funded post-doctoral position is currently available in the group of Alba Guarné at McGill University to study DNA repair proteins using structural, biochemical and biophysical approaches. We are looking for highly motivated and talented researchers interested in combining crystallography and cryo-EM to understand the roles of structure specific nucleases in DNA repair. Candidates with proven expertise in cryo-EM are specially encouraged to apply.
Our laboratory is in the Department of Biochemistry and associated to the Goodman Cancer Research Center, which provides a collaborative and supportive environment for structural biology, DNA repair and cancer research. In recent years, McGill University has built the largest cryo-EM cluster of expertise in Canada and has the best infrastructure for cryo-EM work in the country. Our laboratory has regular access to state-of-the-art instrumentation in the cryo-EM facility (FEMR, https://www.mcgill.ca/femr/) and the Center for Structural Biology (http://csbmcgill.ca/facilities/).
Montreal is a vibrant city with superb amenities and affordable cost of living. The city is known for its multicultural environment and proximity to some of the most breathtaking outdoor destinations in Québec.
Applicants are asked to send in an application consisting of a CV, an interest letter and the names and contact information of two referees, no later than September 1st 2018 to alba.guarne at mcgill.ca<mailto:alba.guarne at mcgill.ca>
Sincerely,

Alba Guarné
McGill Biochemistry
Rm 467 Bellini, Life Science Complex