[3dem] postdoc in cryo-electron tomography, Umeå University, Sweden

Lars-Anders Carlson lars-anders.carlson at umu.se
Thu Jan 4 04:12:37 PST 2018

Dear all,
Postdoc fellowships are available in the field of infection biology at
Umeå University, Sweden. This joint call of several groups within the
MIMS Excellence by Choice Postdoctoral Programme will offer two-year
postdoc fellowships to candidates, based on their own project proposal
developed as part of the selection process:
http://www.mims.umu.se/jobs-fellowships/1816-ec-postdoc2017-2018.html

Our group is participating with one project in which the candidate will
use FIB milling and cryo-electron tomography to study ribosome
rearrangements in virus-infected cells. This project will be an
excellent opportunity for a postdoc to learn cutting-edge cryo-EM
methods with a focus on in situ structural studies. All the cryo-EM
instrumentation exists in-house and collaborations with internationally
leading virologists are established.

Deadline for application is 30 January.

Feel free to contact me in case of any questions.

Best wishes,
Lars

--
Lars-Anders Carlson