[3dem] New Year greetings from the National Cryo-EM Facility at NCI, NIH

Subramaniam, Sriram (NIH/NCI) [E] subramas at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jan 2 13:01:27 PST 2018

Dear friends and colleagues,

Best wishes for a wonderful 2018 from the National CryoEM Facility (NCEF) at the National Cancer Institute, NIH. The facility has now been open to users for almost 8 months. During this period, we have provided cryo-EM data collection services to numerous extramural laboratories in 17 different institutions across the US and are continually adding new laboratories and institutions to our roster.

In recent months, we have completed installation of a phase plate, and this is now available routinely to interested users. We have upgraded from the Falcon II to a Falcon 3EC detector, and expect that it will be available to users in January/February 2018.  We have developed a new user web portal for more streamlined submission of the Sample Information Form (SIF), and this will also become available sometime in January/February 2018. Finally, room renovations are underway to accommodate a second Titan Krios that we expect will become available to users towards the end of the year.

We look forward to 2018 and to continue making high-quality cryo-EM data acquisition more easily accessible to the research community addressing problems of broad general interest to cancer.

Please see check our website periodically for updates:  https://www.cancer.gov/research/resources/cryoem.

Sriram Subramaniam
NCEF Scientific Advisor
NCI/NIH