[3dem] Electron dense contamination on cryo grids

Sameer K Singh sameer.singh at einstein.yu.edu
Fri Sep 29 14:11:01 PDT 2017

Hi Sabrina,

I've seen the same dots  (top and bottom right). In my case I saw them in areas where the ice was too thin and interpreted it as aggregated proteins. Perhaps you need to change the grid making conditions (reduce blotting time slightly ?)
You could also look at a different part of the the current grid where the ice may be of more optimum thickness.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Sameer

Sameer Singh, PhD