[3dem] Reminder - 3 positions in cryoEM

Daum, Bertram B.Daum2 at exeter.ac.uk
Sat Sep 2 00:12:34 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the closing date for three positions at our newly established electron microscopy facility (Living Systems Institute at the University of Exeter, UK) is next week (7th September).

We are seeking applicants for a Postdoctoral Research Associate, an Electron Microscopy Experimental Officer and a Laboratory Technician.

The Postdoctoral Research Associate will join the Gold lab and the Experimental Officer and Laboratory Technician will be jointly be affiliated with both the Gold & Daum laboratories. We use different techniques in cryoEM to study protein transport and assembly machines across the three kingdoms of life, including mitochondrial protein import, type IV pili and the archaellum. We have brand new wet and cryoEM sample preparation laboratories and a dedicated Tecnai Spirit EM for screening samples, as well as a GW4-supported 200 kV Talos Arctica with a K2 direct electron detector at the South West Regional Facility for CryoEM.

For further information about the roles please see:
Postdoctoral Research Associate
https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=037436JL1e&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA
Electron Microscopy Experimental Officer
https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=302798JL1e&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA
Laboratory Technician
https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=559701JL1e&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA

@the_gold_lab