[3dem] Resolution Criteria in 3D data processing (cryo-EM)

Carlos Oscar Sorzano coss at cnb.csic.es
Fri Nov 24 15:11:01 PST 2017

Dear all,

normally I tend to stay out of these debates, but a different view is
given in this other review of resolution measures
(http://i2pc.es/coss/Articulos/Sorzano2017.pdf), around Eq. 77. In my
opinion, the 1/2 bit threshold is not well founded, while the other
thresholds they all have their reasoning (see Section 5 of that review).
However, I agree with Marin that reducing a map to a single number is
doing poor justice to the structural information inside.

Kind regards, Carlos Oscar

Carlos Oscar Sánchez Sorzano                  e-mail:   coss at cnb.csic.es
Biocomputing unit                             http://i2pc.es/coss
National Center of Biotechnology (CSIC)
c/Darwin, 3
Campus Universidad Autónoma (Cantoblanco)     Tlf: 34-91-585 4510
28049 MADRID (SPAIN)                          Fax: 34-91-585 4506