[3dem] Microtubule in vitro polymerisation

Linda Sandblad linda.sandblad at umu.se
Thu Nov 9 13:33:23 PST 2017

Hi!! I must mention, at the EM facility we have many beautiful samples, it’s just that I often think the artifacts are more interesting to discuss ;-)
This is a question especially to all of you microtubule experts; When our students prepare mt from Cytoskeleton bovine tubulin it sometimes looks perfect, but sometimes it is all covered by those huge blobs, what do you think cause this artefact??
Happy to hear your thoughts! Best Linda
[cid:8D91DB92-CC19-4B6E-B5AF-9948CD785A79 at lan]

Linda Sandblad
Department of Molecular Biology
Umeå University
Tel: +46 709324936