[3dem] reflections from gold fiducials

Jaap Brink jbrink at jeol.com
Mon Nov 6 14:42:20 PST 2017

Hi,

These are bright-field reflections arising from Bragg diffraction of the gold lattice in the nanogold. They should disappear at exact or Gaussian focus. But, you don't want to do that. The way to remove them should be to dial in a smaller OL aperture that cuts off everything beyond 3Å resolution.

Jaap
----
Jacob Brink Ph.D.
TEM Product Manager Life Sciences
JEOL USA, Inc., Peabody MA 01960
(978) 317-9561

Sent from mobile device. Please excuse typos and this reply's brevity as I'm using all thumbs to type :-)