[3dem] Postdoctoral position IECB Bordeaux, France

Rémi Fronzes r.fronzes at iecb.u-bordeaux.fr
Mon Nov 6 02:45:35 PST 2017

Postdoctoral position, Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie, Bordeaux, France

Deadline for application: 1st of december 2017.

A 3-year postdoctoral position funded by the ERC (European Research Council) is available in the « structure and function of bacterial nanomachines » group at Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie in Pessac (near Bordeaux).

Our research aim is to decipher the molecular mechanisms that support DNA transfer events between bacteria. The person to be recruited will work more specifically on the structure and function of the macromolecular systems involved in bacterial transformation. She/he will use a wide range of approaches in vitro and in vivo (including molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology and structural biology techniques).

Interested candidates should have recently obtained a Ph.D. in molecular/structural biology and should have relevant research publications in this field. Experience in membrane protein biochemistry and/or CryoEM is highly desirable but not mandatory.

The position will be available in 2018. The starting date will be decided in agreement with the selected candidate, preferably during the first trimester of 2018.

Contact:
Applications in the form of a CV, publication list, a summary of research activities (2 pages max) and contact details of two referees, should be sent by Email to Rémi Fronzes (r.fronzes at iecb.u-bordeaux.fr). Selected candidates will be individually interviewed in November and December. The final decision will be made before the end of December 2017.

More details about the environment:
The Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie (IECB) is an international and interdisciplinary research team incubator, placed under the joint authority of the CNRS, the Inserm and the Université de Bordeaux. At IECB, our laboratory has access to state-of-the-art facilities in structural biology and other biophysical methods. In particular, we benefit from privileged access to two cryoEM dedicated to structural biology (200 kV FEG cryoEM Tecnai F20 and  200 kV FEG Talos Arctica equipped with a direct detector).

“The city of Bordeaux is among France's most exciting, vibrant and dynamic cities” (Lonely planet). Southwestern france is renowned for its quality of life (fantastic food, beautiful countryside, 230 km of sand beaches and 430 km of mountains within reach)

For more information about our lab and our work:
http://www.iecb.u-bordeaux.fr/index.php/fr/equipes/199-structure-and-function-of-bacterial-nano-machines
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Fronzes+R%5BAuthor%5D

For more information about IECB:
http://www.iecb.u-bordeaux.fr/index.php/en/research

For more information about Bordeaux:
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/france/southwestern-france/bordeaux
http://www.bordeaux-tourism.co.uk/?_ga=2.228133214.276343673.1505388083-622835964.1505388083

Rémi Fronzes
Group Leader
European Institute of Chemistry and Biology
CNRS UMR 5234 Microbiologie Fondamentale et Pathogénicité.

IECB - Univ. Bordeaux
2 rue Robert Escarpit,
33607 Pessac, France