[3dem] Dry shippers

Chambers, Melissa G Melissa_Chambers at hms.harvard.edu
Wed May 31 15:55:56 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a dry shipper and noticed Taylor-Wharton sells a model of the popular CX100 that allows you to change out the liquid nitrogen absorption material.  The CXR100 is the same price as the standard CX100 and the replacement material costs ~$200. The specs indicate it has a higher evaporation rate and shorter holding/working days, so I am leaning towards not purchasing it (http://www.labmode.co.uk/myrmidon/pdfs/CX-R%20Shippers.pdf).  Does anyone have experience with this model or with having to repair a dry shipper due to the failure of this material?  The only dry shipper failures I have heard of are due to a leak in the vacuum insulation.

Thanks,
Melissa

--

Melissa G. Chambers