[3dem] ERC funded postdoc position

Janssen, B.J.C. (Bert) B.J.C.Janssen at uu.nl
Tue May 23 04:30:02 PDT 2017

A 2.5 year ERC funded post-doctoral position is currently available in the group of Bert Janssen<http://www.uu.nl/en/research/crystal-and-structural-chemistry/research/research-group-of-dr-bert-janssen> on a structural biology project concerning communication between cells in our nervous system.

You will use modern tools in structural biology; X-ray and cryo-EM, as well as biochemical, biophysical and cell biological techniques to characterize ligand receptor complexes that play a role in adhesion and intercellular signalling in our nervous system.

The lab is well-equipped to produce and study mammalian (membrane) proteins and is part of the Bijvoet Center<http://www.uu.nl/en/research/bijvoet-center-for-biomolecular-research> for Biomolecular Research at Utrecht University. The Bijvoet Center is a dynamic hub of structural biology and provides access to excellent infrastructure and training.

We are looking for a highly motivated and talented researcher with a strong background in structural biology and/or biochemistry who is keen in working in an ambitious and multidisciplinary research team. Experience with cryo-EM will be considered a plus. Intended start date is flexible but preferably before 2018.

Candidates should send their CV, motivation letter and contact details of three references to b.j.c.janssen at uu.nl before Monday 19 June 2017.

Dr. Bert Janssen
Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research,
Utrecht University