[3dem] Workshop announcement: Subtomogram Averaging with Dynamo. Basel, 25-27 August.

Daniel Castano Diez daniel.castano at unibas.ch
Wed May 3 05:55:23 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues:

we are happy to announce the sixth Basel Workshop on Subtomogram Averaging with Dynamo, which will take place at the Biozentrum of the University of Basel (Switzerland), from August 23 to 25, 2017.
The workshop will provide hands-on training on all practical aspects of subtomogram averaging, encompassing all stages of the pipeline: tomogram visualization and archiving, particle picking techniques for different geometries, averaging, refinement and classification. No previous experience is required, and participants are welcome and encouraged to bring their own data sets. Computing infrastructure for intensive numerical experiments will be provided in place, including guidance for the use of  GPUs in the Amazon cloud computing services.
Registration link and further information can be found at https://wiki.dynamo.biozentrum.unibas.ch/w/index.php/Dynamo_workshop_2017
The registration fee is 270 CHF (accommodation is not included), deadline is May 31st. As we can only provide a limited number of workstations, we typically accept participants on a "first come - first serve” basis. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any questions.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Basel,
 Daniel Castaño-Díez,
Misha Kudryashev,
Henning Stahlberg
--