[3dem] International Workshop of Advanced Image Processing of Cryo-Electron Microscopy, Aug 6-10, Beijing

Fei Sun feisun at ibp.ac.cn
Tue Mar 28 19:48:17 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

	We would like to make an announcement that our 3rd International Workshop of Advanced Image Processing of Cryo-Electron Microscopy (IWAIP-CryoEM 2017) will be held in Beijing from August 6th to 10th, 2017. This is one of series of CryoEM workshop in China. To meet the current and future needs of CryoEM technology, during this workshop, we will focus on the following topics.

	1. Novel algorithms to analyze molecular machineries with continuous conformational change.
	2. Image processing tools to analyze the structure of molecular machineries in situ.
	3. Tools and methods to aid accurate modeling based on CryoEM maps.
	4. EMDB/EMPIAR usage and deposition.

	The following speakers and teachers are invited to talk about the above topics:

	1. Abbas Ourmazd (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA)
	2. Slavica Jonic (IMPMC, Sorbonne University, France)
	3. Florian Schur (EMBL, Germany)
	4. Sai Li (University of Oxford, UK)
	5. Brendon Frenz (University of Washington, USA)
	6. Ardan Patwardhan (EMBL-EBI, UK)

	The workshop will last four days with intensive programs including courses in the morning, practices in the afternoon and free discussions in the evening. The approximate number of attendees for the courses will be 100 and the number for the practice session is restricted to 25. To be noted that, there will be a video session for those who are not selected for practice session to watch the practice via a web-video and do practice using their own laptop.

	Graduate students, postdocs and young scientists who currently work in the CryoEM field with preliminary CryoEM image processing knowledge are particularly encouraged to attend this workshop.

	For more information, please visit http://cbi.ibp.ac.cn/workshop/workshop2017/IWAIP2017/ <http://cbi.ibp.ac.cn/workshop/workshop2017/IWAIP2017/>.

	We are looking forward to seeing you in Beijing during this summer.

Sincerely yours,
Fei

On the behalf of the Organization Committee
Chair :              Fei Sun (IBP, CAS)
             Hongwei Wang (Tsinghua University)
Committee members :
Guoqiang Bi (USTC) 	Gang Cai (USTC)	 Lei Chen (Peking U)
Lingpeng Cheng (Tsinghua U) 	Yao Cong (SIBCB, CAS)  	Wanzhong He (NIBS)
Yongning He (SIBCB, CAS)	Jian Hong (Zhejiang U) 	Gang Ji (IBP, CAS)
Jianlin Lei (Tsinghua U)	Xueming Li (Tsinghua U) 	Hongrong Liu (Hunan U)
Lizhi Mi (Tianjin U)	Qingtao Shen (ShanghaiTEC)	Senfang Sui (Tsinghua U)
Fei Sun (IBP, CAS)	Hongwei Wang (Tsinghua U)	Yi Wu (XianJT U)
Ye Xiang (Tsinghua U)	Tao Xu (IBP, CAS)  	Xiaodong Yan (Xiamen U)
Changcheng Yin (Peking U) 	Fa Zhang (ICT, CAS)	Lei Zhang (XianJT U)
Qinfen Zhang (SYSU)	Xing Zhang (Zhejiang U) 	Xinzheng Zhang (IBP, CAS)
Jian Zhu (Tongji U)	Ping Zhu (IBP, CAS)

=======================================
Fei Sun (Pengjie Sun), Ph.D
Professor, Structural Biology